Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday meander

Just planned a very easy 10km today around my set route from work, to ease the legs after a tough week and recover for tomorrow's long run.  By bizarre coincidence I ran into Barts at 2km so ran the rest with him.  Poor fella looked like he'd been pulled back from the brink of death's door.  He'd start a hacking cough whenever we dropped beneath 4:45 pace.  "It's been tough Tom.  I told Sam we had to treat this like it's a war.  But I think we're through the worst".  You get the picture.

Felt much better at the end than I did at the start.

114km for the week.  My biggest in 6 months, including a couple of real quality sessions.

1 comment:

Tim said...

...and some of the nasty comments that both you and Tucks have directed his way over the past two weeks?
Hope you feel good bad about it now