Tuesday, June 08, 2010

HuRTS 45mins Fartlek

Lower crowd than usual for this popular session despite fantastic weather, cold but clear with no breeze. Set off with Wildman (that's right) hoping to take it easy so that I could get back in the 45mins - was joined by Fats at Lady Macs Chair. Wildman dropped off panting like a dog just before the Opera House and Fats and I continued on together. We turned half way down Hickson Road just before the traffic calming bumps (way beyond what I've done recently) and tried to get back. Fats dropped off at Circular Quay as he had Corp Cup tomorrow so was on my own from then. Got back in 45:09, just short. NEED MORE SPEED. Endurance is fine. Going to start myself some 400s and 800s soon.

Got a call from Kirst to say that Bec had finished 12th in her District X-Country this morning (i.e. against most of the Northern Beaches schools). She was in 8th coming into the home straight so clearly has my finishing kick. Great result for her as she was about 40th last year. She obviously paid heed to my wise advice this morning ("Just sprint at the start and don't walk the hills").

No comments: