Thursday, June 10, 2010

HuRTS 10 x 400m

Took yesterday off as my achilles was sore after Tuesday and the recent increase in weekly kms. Felt much better this morning and was keen to do this session. Beautiful day, clear as a bell but cool, though warm in the sun.

Fairly small crowd of me, Thurston (again!), Kaley, Dom, JF, Ray (just jogging), Todd, James, Derek, Racey Mike and others. Surprise of the day was Dom who was with me on the first 3 reps and a couple of seconds behind for the rest other than the final one when he blew. Thurston was just behind for the first 5 then dropped out having done enough for the week. Reps went as follows:

66, 67, 66, 69, 69, 68, 68, 68, 68, 63. Run off a rolling 2mins. I reckon they were 390m even though Kaley measured 400m on his Garmin, so you can add 1.5 - 2 secs for each rep. Still quite pleased for the first session this year. Derek was the burglar on the final rep.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Dom's run on Saturday was a standout for me. I have been teasing him for a year that he should pull his finger out, and he finally is!