Tuesday, June 01, 2010

HuRTS 4 x 3km

Bit breezy but the rain stayed away. Ran with Dicky H and Fats with Jonathan, MC, Todd, JB and others next up. Even Kanser showed up for 3 today. Reps went as follows:

Final lamp post in 10mins (2.88km) - 3:28 per km
Back in 9:43 starting at Stone Gates - 3:19 per km
5m short of final lamp post (2.87km) - 3:29 per km
Back in 9:34 - 3:16 per km

So getting back towards the pace we used to do these in, although not the crazy pace that some of these sessions were run in. Check out June 24 2008.

I ran the first with Rich with Fats just behind - drawing level with us going past the Art Gallery. On the second rep I was chasing them both. They must have finished 7secs in front of me. On the third I was running a few yards behind them when Rich's calf went going up by the ABC Pool. Hope it's OK but judging by the swearing it didn't sound good. I closed in on Tony towards the end but he finished about 5m ahead. On the final rep I was again chasing Tony (thinking I'll struggle to get close to him on Saturday morning) when suddenly he started to fade a bit coming into the wind around Farm Cove. So I pushed on past from there and finished strongly.

Another confidence booster before North Head at the weekend but still think I'm struggling a bit for speed, although the endurance is starting to show. Fats will be a good gauge. Rich would have been - just hope his calf is OK.

No comments: