Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Run home

13km run home from work. 30:30 at Toyota Garage and 57:25 all up. Gentle pace but didn't feel very comfortable today, perhaps because of my "executive health check" over lunchtime. Came out pretty well - height 182cm, weight 64.2kg (possibly underweight, but the Doc told me not to worry) producing a BMI of 18.8, good cholesterol at 1.7 and bad at 2.8 (above and below normal respectively), blood pressure at 118/80 and resting pulse of 46. The fitness evaluation was a bit of a joke - I was strapped up to an ECG and then made to walk on a treadmill with the gradient increasing every minute. The idea is to stop when your pulse reaches 80% of max (220 minus your age). We pulled the plug after 25 minutes because I had to get back to work. My only downside was stress. 4 kids, 2 mortgages and my job was viewed badly.

Good news today was that we've been officially confirmed as the 2nd mixed team from the JPMorgan race last week so I'll be jetting off to NYC next October along with Serg, Anthony, Charlie Low, Jeremey Horne and others.

1 comment:

James said...

All is clear now ... next time you go running you need to strap an 18kg backpack on and then see how fast you can run !!
64 kg indeed - I'm signing you up for anorexia treatment.
Agree with the stress levels: you can live with the mortgages and the job, but 4 kids ...