Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Tuesday stamina set

8 x 1km off a rolling 5 minutes today.  The list of excuses runs as follows:

1.  We started at 5:45am.  I don't think I've ever started anything at 5:45am before, other than my beauty sleep.  Had to set the alarm for 5:15am in order to set out the cones on Nolans.

2.  Grass was long and wet.  It was like the Sunderland Cross-Country circa 1987.

3.  It was dark.  It's summer and we're running in the dark.  WTF?

4.  The session was too long to run barefoot.

5.  The session was tough enough as it was.  1km is just that little bit too far.  About 900m too far.

But, Ben, Tim P, Jamie, Darren and Erika all fronted up to do it, albeit only Erika and I being set all 8 with Darren doing 7 and the rest 5.  Went better with Jamie on my shoulder for the first 500m (even better when leading on his last rep).  I ran 3:11, 3:12, 3:09, 3:10, 3:07, 3:14, 3:14.  So slow in the conditions but at least they felt slow.  Tell you what though it was a tough set.  Legs like lead weights at the end - I normally finish these sessions running quicker at the end but not today.  Couldn't get under 5min kms for the 5km cool down.

16km all up.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Just had to double check this was 'Tom's blog'? for a minute I thought it had been hijacked by Enda with excuses like that.