Tuesday, February 16, 2016

79 Continuous

Super early start agreeing to meet Quentin, Jamie and Dicky at 5:50am.  This sort of start time is so "not me".  And as such I was 5mins late so the boys had already started.  

Session is 15mins easy, 22mins tempo, 5mins jog, 22mins fartlek (1,2,3,4,3,2,1 off 1min float), 15mins easy.  Simple huh! Sounds complicated but I did this session a number of times early on last year (particularly before SMH Half) and it got me really fit.  Back then I would do the tempo in 3:26's and the fartlek in 3:28's average at my best.  Today it was 3:28's for the tempo and 3:31's for the farts.  A bit off.  Legs felt tired although the breathing was ok.  No Mao-style "Great Leap Forward" is imminent.  I think I need rest to absorb the work.

20km all up.  

Thoughts for today:

1.  I'm getting more into David Bowie.  Unfortunately it took his demise for me to appreciate him more.
2.  Why does everyone call 150 Lashes 50 Lashes?
3.  People must cheat in Pub Quizzes.  Tonight we were in the bottom 6 of 24 teams despite feeling "we did well".  Australian 80's music questions don't help mind.  Working out the anagram of Canasta Scoring Fins was the highlight.  Try naming the last 5 Aussie blokes to win a tennis major though.  Or how many pairs of shoes Imelda Marcos left when she fled.
4.  Where is my Opal Card?
5.  Did Donald Trump really just say that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hewitt, rafter, cash, edmonson, Newcombe
Tiger

Anonymous said...

P.s. tennis sucks

Charlie said...

I'm a gun with 80s music

Unknown said...

You're right Tiger, but who the hell was Edmonson?

Anonymous said...

Chubby bald guy with a moustache from memory, had a good doubles career, hard to get lucky in grand slam tennis but he was as close as you get to a 'lucky' grand slam title.