Saturday, February 27, 2016

Park and Fart

4km jog to the start of Parkrun.  First km was an all time slow but then legs started to feel ok albeit achilles was a bit tight.  Took my Saucony Fasttwiches but only intending to run in them if legs felt OK.

Met Macca and Jamie (with pram) and some young fast looking kids at the start.   On seeing the kids, decided to wear the racing flats.  Set off and the kids sprinted off as you'd expect.  Gave me a good pace to chase early on though.  I was solo from 300m in.  First km in 3:05, then 3:11.  Told myself at the start that you make or break this course in the 3rd km so pushed hard and was happy with a 3:15. Then a 3:13 and finished with a 3:04 after crossing the bridge in 14:00 and knowing a sub16 was on the cards.  Official time was 15:53, equaling my PB but easily my quickest run solo.

Watched Macca come in 2nd just over 17mins and just ahead of Toby who made a wrong turn.  Both ahead of the young guns.  Jamie ran a super quick 17:52 with pram.

Few mins rest, then a 1km jog with Jamie before starting the 19min fartlek (1min on, 1min off) before jogging home.

18km all up.

  

No comments: