Sunday, April 05, 2015

Easter Sunday Long Run

OK, well I buggered up my clock changing.  We were meeting at 5.30am (which should feel like 6.30am), except I use my phone as a clock and it automatically adjusted for daylight savings changes, so I actually got up at 7am.

Cursed quite a lot for the first 5km, then randomly bumped into Jamie as he was emerging from the path leading to Dee Why Beach.  Massive coincidence really (he'd thought we were meeting at 6.10am aka 7.10am) so we ran together along the normal route in reverse.  The big question was which way around the lake Macca and Justin were going to have gone.  I said Macca would have put 2 and 2 together and avoided the mud on the near side.  Jamie said Justin was a creature of habit and would have insisted on going the near side.  Turns out when we met them that this is exactly the way their conversation had panned out in deciding which way to go!

Ran back and the pace picked up a bit.  Justin peeled off, Macca ran with us half way down Manly Beach then headed home leaving Jamie and I.  By this stage we'd started to chase some old fella running quite quickly down Manly Beach and were running sub4's.  We were both feeling pretty good so just upped the pace from there.  I ended up doing 30km in 2:07:11 (4:14's) with the final 10km in 38:35.

No comments: