Thursday, March 05, 2015

Slack Arse Thursday HuRTS

Woke up with the alarm at 5.30am feeling like death warmed up.  Got to the bathroom, took a look at myself and decided another 90 minutes sleep was the best tonic.

So showed up for the HuRTS session feeling pretty good to be honest for 6 x 1km around Rushcutters.  Quite a good crowd after I'd made a call to arms but I ran solo for the first 2 reps before Barts appeared.  Took my shoes off after 3 reps which made the usual improvement in times.  But ran all reps within myself feeling comfortable.  Times went:

3:12, 3:13, 3:11, 3:08, 3:07, 3:04

Caught up with my old mate Steve for some beers this evening at Customs House which fortunately serves my new favourite Cricketers Arms but unfortunately only in pint glasses.  As poms we settled in nicely as if it were a night in London.  Now paying the price.

Big big BIG race shaping up on Saturday morning with more head to heads than a Bondi speed dating night.  LJ wanted a mention so I shall say this:

1. Head to head with Birchy - my money's on the Shire girl.
2. I'll be impressed if she gets within 90s of Timmy.
3. If Wol breaks 43, I'll buy them breakfast.

I'll post my other predictions when I'm more sober tomorrow...

No comments: