Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Queenstown #2

Today I did my first Bungy jump.  I wouldn't have done it but for Billy.  Despite being only just the minimum age and weight (and not a little nervous), he went 10mins before me and totally nailed it.  Here he is, flying through the air:


The girl on the Bridge turned to me after he went and said "Is he your son?  He did that well!".  I was dead proud of him.  So of course I couldn't pussy my way out after that.  So here's me shortly after:


It was a massive adrenaline rush and we were both buzzing afterwards.  I had asked for the Bungy rope to be adjusted so I got a water dunk, but they must have overestimated my weight as I missed by half a metre.

After getting back to Queenstown I was exhausted but got out for 10km around the lake (such a great running track).  Very easy to start with but felt better as I went on and finished in 41:18.

What a day.  Mountain biking tomorrow.

No comments: