Thursday, January 29, 2015

Brett Lee and Taylor Swift

I was never a fan of Brett Lee playing for Australia, but that final over of the Big Bash final certainly warmed me to him.  Hollywood script all over it - last bowl of his career and he's on a hat trick needing to prevent 1 run.  Brilliant match.  I then went to bed and had a bizarre dream about Taylor Swift.

But on to today's run.  3 x 2km from the Park Hyatt turning at 1km (or more likely 980m).  Hoped to feel easy today (what with the Sun Run on Saturday) but in truth I never felt comfortable.  Ran them all with Barts.  We had Q and Jono with us on the first 2 with Crossy pushing ahead on the third.  Reps went 6:17, 6:10 and 6:11.

Very good crowd.  Timmy's hitting a bit of form so I'll be asking for a realistic 2:30 on Saturday morning next week for the customary $20.  Macca showed a bit of speed today and Darren could soon be ousting Erika as the fastest Jordan.

Warmdown with Barts and Eoin for 10km all up.

No comments: