Thursday, October 17, 2013

HuRTS 400's

Well the plan is to do plenty of these 400's sessions, but conditions really tested everyone today.  33C, windy and bushfires raging.  A few of the old timers returned today with Durante and Big Mikey H both making a return.  MC split us into 3 groups with just me, Mikey, Dom, Kenny and Andy in the first group.  Running off a rolling 2 mins I went:

67, 68, 69, 71, 71, 71, 72, 70, 70, 69

Too quick in the conditions on the first 3 running with Big Mikey.  He then dropped off leaving me to run solo when the conditions caught up with me.  Was wearing a black T-Shirt which I had to ditch exposing my white belly to the poor ladies present.  Worswick couldn't resist but comment.

Pleased with the session despite the variation in times.  Everyone was suffering out there.  I collapsed on the grass at the end sucking in big ones.  Good honest session though.

Warmdown via Darling Pt with Jeet and Andy for 12km all up.

Just for Timmy, here's a photo from my office of Doomsday out West:




No comments: