Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HuRTS 4 x 10mins

Mrs Macs loop today. Did a 3km warm up as I was meeting Kirst at 2pm and was already sweating when I met everyone.  Bloody humid and warm to boot.  One of those days when everything is a huge effort.

Struggle through the first rep with Fats and Andy in tow, reaching 15s short of the start line (5:10 at the bottom corner).  Back the opposite way (which, strangely, feels easier despite starting and finishing in the same place), catching Andy and Fats on the hill after the bottom corner but with Andy pulling ahead again in the final 800m.

3rd rep with Andy following the whole way making it back to the start line (just) - 5:03 at the bottom corner and by the 4th rep I was really struggling.  Made no inroads into Andy until he looked as though he was tiring on the hill past the bottom corner.  Caught him at the Art Gallery hill, overtake but he then starts coming back at me.  I've got visions of Barts catching me at JPMorgan so put in a sprint to hold him off.  9:54 and rogered.

Cycled home last night.  Cycled in this morning.  Guys pass me on hills like I'm standing still.

Couple of photos taken of Billy at State Gymnastics champs at Rooty Hill RSL on Sunday. Rooty Hills RSL is far more impressive than it sounds:


2 comments:

James said...

If you rode up the hills instead of walking the bike up, it might help somewhat.

:)

Hope Kirst is alright. I'll call at the weekend.

Easy Tiger said...

Strong boy!