Sunday, November 18, 2012

State relays

4 x 1500m relay with Ray, Kanser and Andy. We smashed the field. I ran the first leg and we'd already lapped one of the teams before I handed over to Andy.

Good fun. I was called out 4:18 when I handed over to Andy but it's so inaccurate on the official handover mark that it's impossible to tell what the official time would be. Makes me think I'd love to run a proper 1500m and with a competitive field I reckon I could get close to 4:15 which would be great. Will have to look at the ANSW timetable. Today was a blind time trial. I saw the clock on the laps and ran 65, 2:15, 3:26 then a 58s last 300m.

Massive appreciation to Dave who showed up despite a last minute booking to fly to see his Dad this afternoon and losing his wallet and phone on the way. It was almost a definition in stress for him this morning yet he still showed up and performed strongly for the team.

Beers and curry with Dicky G, Richard Banks and Hamburglar this evening. Great evening. Richie B seems to know every curryhouse owner in town and Hamburglar seems to know every loose female bar owner in town. Much fun.

2 comments:

Easy Tiger said...

Well done Tom, you could go sub 4:10...hope you smacked the guy on the head when you lapped him.

David said...

Good going Chairman, shame it doesnt count for a PB but pleased to read you'll be treading back on the track in the near future.
Maybe you can have a stab at Sub 9m00 15m30 and sub 32min.