Thursday, November 08, 2012

HuRTS 400's

Whoa! A mighty crowd for the 400's today, bigger than I've ever seen for that session with all the squad regulars present other than Timmy and Enda. Also there were my two gun females for next Wednesday, both doing a great job competing 8 reps with the squad. Alex is coming on in leaps and bounds and looks a completely natural runner, she could do great things.

I wanted to give it a go today. Did all the reps (off a rolling 2:10 given we were doing 440's) between 75 and 77s. Tucks went off hard on 3 of them with Dom and Clarky in tow and J-Fen gradually increased his pace to run alongside on the last two otherwise I was upfront with Clarky on my shoulder. Bloody hot out there and had to work hard but pleased with the final speed session and feeling more confident for next Wednesday night.

Did an extra 4km warm down with Andy and JB for 11km all up.

No comments: