Saturday, November 03, 2012

Lane Cove 10km - 2nd in 34:05

The return of the old timers. Truscott first, me second and Jeremey Horne third. All three of us 39 years old.

Warmed up with CT, Eoin, Richie H and Andy. Planned to take it steady to start and then ease my way into the run. The Horne went off quick and CT and I followed behind. CT then put in a burst to catch him and then pushed on ahead. That's how it stayed until the top of the hill past the 5km turn. CT ahead by 20 odd seconds with me running with the Horne. I sensed he was struggling on the hills a bit though and when we turned I suddenly found myself running alone pushing downhill. Had a bit of a scare at 7km when my left hammy felt it was tightening but it eased and I just cruised home.

Nice to get a few good prizes for 2nd - some great Mizuno gear. Certainly beats the cap and pair of socks from 2 years ago. Andy had a good run almost catching the Horne for 4th place. Gary looked comfortable just ahead of Macca still recovering from Melbourne. Dicky H is on the comeback trail and a few will be looking for a rare scalp against him at JPMorgan.

2 comments:

David said...

Nice run Tommy on that course. Bodes well for JPMorgan, good luck!

Anonymous said...

Great run Tom and looking good for JP Morgan. RP