Saturday, August 06, 2011

Striders 10km - Lane Cove

Caught a lift with Ben, Paul, Dicky Boy and Big Sam and turned up on a coolish morning but not half as cold as Lane Cove usually is for the August race. I was on 40 min pacing duties so none of the usual nerves and could just enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Lane Cove National Park on a cool but clear morning.

Nice training run. I decided to go at straight 4 min kms the whole way which probably helped no one as I was passing a load of people going up the hills but before being overtaken by them on the downhills. Kanser, being too close to me than he should have been, gave me a stack of abuse the whole way on my pacing skills. I reckon he could have run 2 mins quicker if he'd just kept his mouth shut. Nice chats with Action, Christian, Marty Doak and Ron though. Finished in 39:54 with splits of 3:59, 3:53, 3:55, 4:04, 4:07, 3:59, 4:00, 3:59, 4:05, 4:01. What's Kanser complaining about?

Couple of photos:

Tom with chins:



Mags:

No comments: