Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh no, Mo!

Screamed at the telly last night during the 10,000m World Champs final. First due to the atrocious coverage from the Koreans (let's hope there's a Korean running the 5000m) and then the agonising final lap for anyone who follows British sport.

Set about training with renewed vigour today inspired by Mo's words in the post race press conference. Safe to say I don't think last night will dampen his enthusiasm. Having missed a long run yesterday, I went early today planning on catching up with Kanser along Barangaroo and the rest of the squad for the second half. Kanser was nowhere to be seen, bumped into Clyde instead at CQ and ran with him. Really didn't want to be running when by myself but time flew when I had someone to run with. Caught up with the rest of the squad (and Kanser) at Farm Cove and turned with them. To complete the string of accidental acquaintances, bumped into the Tiger near the Hyatt on the way back and ran with him for a bit.

Pace slowed a lot when I joined the group. PF was sore by the end, it doesn't like it when I run long and slow. More worryingly, my right knee was (and still is) sore, just on the knuckle on the inside and particularly when I lift my leg. I've been switching the ice from left foot to right knee all afternoon.

All up 28.12km in 2:02:59 (4:22's).

No comments: