Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting longer Sunday

Straight up the beaches for 52:30 then turned around but quicker on the way back, finishing 23.12km in 1:42:27 (4:25's). Really struggled for the first 7km having set off after waking from a lunchtime nap and with yesterday's tempo in my legs. Then started to feel ok. Ran in my new Brooks Infiniti. Went into Northside Runners yesterday and said I wanted something similar to the Infiniti (given the line is now discontinued). He made me try on 4 different pairs - Nikes, Mizunos and Brooks Nervana or something. I quite liked the Nervanas but they didn't have a size 10, to which he then said; "I've got a pair of the Inifiniti in size 10".

Relieved not to have run the State 10km last night as there's a real risk Keith would have lapped me after he ran an amazing 31:51! Vlad and Dave also had great runs going under 31mins for the first time. Nice to see two Striders going top 3 in the State.

No comments: