Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recovering

Diagnosed with sinusitis on Wednesday so am on a course of antibiotics. Felt crap until this morning so ventured out this afternoon for an easy run. Lasted 15 minutes before a headache came on so cut short for 25 mins all up. Had planned to try a long run tomorrow but won't bother now. Just want to knock this illness on the head as I've had it for nearly 3 weeks now.

Jamie - I use Endura Optimiser (the powder form) although Carl is recommending I try the one with protein or whey in. Works a treat helping recovery from long or tough sessions. So you probably don't need it.

2 comments:

James said...

Thanks for the encouragement Tom. You don't know what a long run is until you've completed a marathon. So I'm 5 steps ahead of you and soon 6. Shame you can't get Endura here in France - not that I'd take any as it's one step away from doping and that's cheating!

Unknown said...

I figure the Endura just makes up for all the cakes and doughnuts I eat and alcohol I drink.

Admit that you've got me covered on marathon running. But 2 x 3km? How about 4 x 3km? 200m reps? Where are the long reps and the long tempos? Isn't that why the 36:57 10km isn't converting into a 2:53 marathon?