Thursday, August 05, 2010

HuRTS Hickson Road

Seems like ages since I ran the Hickson Road session properly, but I wasn't about to start today only 3 days out from the big race of the year. It's the original but still probably the hardest session we do when you do it properly.

Just cruised through each rep in 3:30 pace (i.e. 4:04 - 4:08) with a 30 second burst mid-way through ran fast. JF was out front on each rep (Mad Man Moyle with him for the first 3) and asked to be paced through the last one so ran that one in 3:38 (3:05 pace) - Ray joining in half way through as he likes to. They all felt really comfortable.

Massage with Bianca last night (that sounds dodgy, it isn't!) and I'm feeling great at the moment but am a bit worried because I don't normally feel like this before I run well. Normally before a good race I feel lethargic and fearing the worst.

A few random predictions from me for what it's worth:

Benny St: 40:39
Thamal: 45:28
JB: 46:12
Truscott: 46:13
Bateman: 46:28
Andy: 48:30
Tucks: 48:59
Dicky H: 49:10
Young Timmy: 50:01
Flakey: 54:30

4 comments:

James said...

No prediction for you ?
You should be beating Tucks if you're predicting 48:59 for him. This contradicts with your statement that you'd be happy to beat any of the seeded runners. You're so complicated...!

Superflake said...

I give myself 54:13. 1 sec faster than Blue Dog. Good luck Sunday. I'm predicting low 46 for you.

Charlie said...

I reckon you will beat Tim Cochrane and Tucks.

46:30 for Tom.

Anonymous said...

Tom needs a real challenge... I reckon 45:55. Good luck to all who are racing. Jonathan