Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fitting it in

Had a stomach bug over the past few days with fever symptoms - seems like the whole office suffered the same thing. Looking after the kids all weekend with Kirst away so had arranged a babysitter to come in to go for a run. Still wasn't massively keen on running but couldn't cancel the sitter so went anyway. Discovered a very flat new 14km route which I did in 59:07 - 30:30 on the way out and 28:37 on the return. Continued on my sprint home straight to the dunny.

Watched the London Diamond League this afternoon. Highlight was Dibaba in the 5000m - she's had a quiet season but still showed everyone her devastating speed (58s last lap) to win in 14:36. Will be interesting to see how Gregson goes in the Mile tonight.

2 comments:

James said...

Sorry to hear about you being ill Tom. I read on Tim's blog that it was due to the Allen's food tent after the C2S - there's gratitude for you! You can put my blog link back on yours now as I'm posting again and I know there's a lot of Aussies out there wanting to know how my training is going ;o). Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Good to see the blog up and running again Jamie. May have to drop Kanser's blog soon...