Sunday, March 28, 2010

Iron Cove Bolter STaR

Set off with the 6.20am group not knowing whether CT was going to show for a 6.30am start. Very easy to start with but it was just what I needed - legs were still shot from yesterday. Group included Flakey, Shaun A, Nick B, Jo Cowan etc. Fats joined us at about 3km. We continued on together until about 15km when Fats and I drifted off the front. Caught CT coming back over the Gladesville Bridge and ran with him until 3km to go. No idea of the pace as I left my Garmin at home but I'm guessing it was 5min+ kms to start with but around 4:20's from when Fats and I pushed on. Finished in about 2:18. Guide reckons it is 29.9km but I reckon whatever route we took was a bit less, probably 29km.

Left achilles is now sore (not on the insertion but further up). Was the same story last time I did yesterday's session with Sean.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

I measured that is 28.5 today. A bit slow early on was correct. CT missed us when he went left around the bay and missed the Timbrell Park section. Tough in the humidity today.

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention you flew past emma and i and most of the sri chinmoy field
tiger