Sunday, March 07, 2010

Dehydration

Went out for my 2 hour run at 4pm after sweating all day in the humidity. Really didn't feel like it but forced myself out. Ran the same course up to Narrabeen as last week but went via Long Reef going behind the dunes on Dee Why beach rather than on the road. Felt great until 16km, running 4:10 - 4:20's feeling really relaxed, but then suddenly became dehydrated running back up the hill to Long Reef headland. From then I was hanging out for every bubbler. No matter how much I drank I still felt thirsty. Still do now, 2.5 hours later. Feeling pretty queasy too. Bec has a virus so hope I'm not in the early stages of that.

Held it together OK to run the 26km in 2:00:01. How's that for sticking to schedule?

Bring on Autumn.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Steady as she goes Tom. You are on track for a great comeback don't go spoiling it.

You are young but old enough to know when to back off. Save yourself from things like dehydration they can take years off you.

The cooler weather will be the time to test yourself. You must be looking forward to a few good Easter runs.

I remember Sydney is at it's best weather wise during that time.

Superflake said...

Scott is right, take it easy. I drank heaps on my run on Sunday but still had a red face from dehydration until going to bed at night. Wasn't good sunday.