Thursday, October 30, 2008

HuRTS Gate to Gate

Did a very easy 5km warm-up in 22:23 then 7 x Gate to Gates. Ran the first 300m quick then jogged the rest of the way finishing each one in about 3:20. Did them all with Kanser with Serg joining in the final couple. The first 300m were run pretty quick, Kanser showing a good turn of pace. Perhaps he read my last report and was showing the final run-in on Saturday morning will be no foregone conclusion. Muz, DC5, KMK and the Judge were running the reps in the normal way - Muz looking very good.

Saturday should be fascinating with plenty turning up and a few good battles - Uncle Dave and CT, Muz and Durante, me and Kanser and Flakey trying to stay in front of DickyBoy as the 40 minute pacer - I'm picking up DickyBoy on the way there so we'll have a good chat about Superflake encouragement talk.

6 comments:

Superflake said...

No speedwork since March. I'll have a go anyway.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Don't put me in the same category as yourself, Durante and Muz. You guys are a minute of more quicker.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Tom for Lane Cove, hopes are high that you can stay of ahead of our friend M.Durante:)Drinks on me...or should that be Kanser if you do?


Cheers

tja said...

sounds like it should be a good match up. good luck, i predict a low 33. i look forward to checking the results

Anonymous said...

I've heard that one of the three HURTS steepsters is out of tomorrow's event !!!

Superflake said...

I'm out. Too busy at work. Check the 1500m at Narrabeen at 4:40pm I'll be in that.