Monday, October 27, 2008

Recovery Monday


Out for a very easy 10km jog (46:50) with Kanser, Serg, Muz and Stevie T. Hot today. Kanser's looking strong again and I reckon he could give his PB a shake on Saturday. Will be doing well to stay in front of him. I reckon I've got him in a sprint finish though. The Muz/Durante battle will be one to watch and hope to see Stevie T dip under 31mins. I'll be presenting him with an honorary HuRTS T-Shirt tomorrow on the basis he wears it when collecting his prize on Saturday morning.


Photo attached was taken secretly by a friend of Steve's wife who snapped us on today's run. The photo had reached Steve's in-box before he even returned from the run. It's like Big Brother out there. From left to right it is Muz, me, Steve, Kanser and Serg.
Was checking out this link this evening to Cram's top 5 which I know my Dad will appreciate: http://www.runnerstribe.com/CramsTop5.php
Cram was the local hero when I was just starting running, but I'd forgotten just how good he was in 1985. What's fantastic is that he runs all these races, rewriting the record books, in his local Jarrow AC vest. Jarrow was a pretty small club (much smaller than Striders) but had the benefit of a great synthetic track (albeit only 6 lanes) which I raced on a number of times.


No comments: