Saturday, October 25, 2008

CR 5km

Jogged 3km beforehand trying to get the legs moving then took over the time calling duties before setting off with Muz and WildCoyote. They both set off at an incredible pace before WildCoyte dropped off at about 800m. Clocked the first km in 3:00 and Muz already had about 20 yards on me. At this point my legs just went dead - the effects of Thursday's session still inside them. Tried to turn them over quicker but to no effect and with Muz pulling ahead rapidly I was on my own the whole way. 2km in 6:19, 3km in 9:37, missed 4km then 16:16 all up. Pretty disappointed with the time (at least the km's were consistent after the first!) but still a beautiful morning (perfect conditions) and fun to be out there. I'll just treat it as a good speed session and concentrate on getting things right for the 10km next week. All this short stuff is just too painful.

Muz finished in a fantastic 15:42 - he'll run a great 10km at Lane Cove. If I can keep the gap at 34 seconds there I'll be doing well. Jogged back to the start with Muz for 13km all up - 100km for the week.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Only 10 seconds off the PB is still good even if the legs didn't want to run. You should do the state 5k in January then you'll crack the 16.

James said...

Bad weekend for the Highnams all round. I missed my objective too. Pretty disappointed. Full blow by blow account on the blog.