Thursday, October 23, 2008

10 x 400m

Headed out after work with Durante, Stevie T and Serg to ES Marks to run some 400's on a proper track. Bit daunting at first - plenty of professional types hanging around the track, although given the quality of the guys I was running with, we (or they) were pretty much in that category. Reps were run going straight into a 200m jog then straight off again. They went:

66, 67, 67, 68, 68, 70, 69, 69, 69, 68

Steve was running 62's. Durante ran a fantastic session running 65's finishing with a 64. He'd have the 3 seconds on me by the first 200m. I ran them all with Serg, who despite threatening to pull out all the way through still finished strongly pipping me on the last. Durante will thrash me over 3000m if this is anything to go by, and the 10km at Lane Cove will be shaky. My only excuse is that I was drinking until 2.30am last night (after taking out the Jackpot at Durty Nelly's by knowing what the second deepest lake in the world was). I couldn't have run at lunch so this session was ideal.

We finished up with four 150's - cruising the bend then sprinting. I don't know how to sprint. I tried to move my arms faster to make the legs go quicker but ended up almost falling over myself. Nice beer in the Doncaster afterwards to round out a great evening.

Huge congrats to Tucks and family on the birth of Nia Tuckey. Hope to see you out soon mate.

No comments: