Monday, September 19, 2016

Parkrun

Old Man v 800m man.  Jogged to Curl Curl to see Jared warming up and a few other familiar faces including the Cap'n and Pete W.  Had a chat and found out Jared had instructions to run the first 3km in 9:30 and then "feel the pain".  So my morning was set from that.

Off we go and Jared shoots off looking like he's cruising while I take 2 strides for every one of his.  Through 1km in 3:02 - holy crap.  I push on a bit through 2km in 6:12 and then 3km in 9:32 and he's starting to breathe hard.  I gap him up the hill but I'm cooked here too.  Get home feeling uncomfortable in 16:07.  Smashed by that first km.  Strava said I set a personal record for the first half, but was 17s slower than my record on the second half.  That says it all.

The Cap'n is showing some form to finish 3rd in 17:16.  Jogged home with him for 11km all up.

No comments: