Sunday, September 25, 2016

Back to Sunday usual

Smaller crowd this week with Macca, Dicky, Elle, Toby, Ben and man-of-the-moment Scotty joining me for the usual route.  Scotty has hit some great form after upping his mileage to 120kms per week post GC.  He's doing that as well as maintaining the speed sessions, and as a result ran 15:48 at Parkrun yesterday smashing my PB and doing it pretty much solo (sounds like Lewis and Matt Robbie were with him early on).  I think I'll avoid racing him for a while.

Felt fine today until about 25km when my shoulders and neck started to feel a bit achey and generally felt lethargic - just the effects of the virus flushing out I think.  This coincided with me and Scotty catching Macca and me turning to Macca and saying "I'm going to push ahead to Emporio".  About 300m later Macca runs alongside me and says "so when are you pushing ahead?".

So we got to Emporio and Macca starts explaining his decision to run the Half in Melbourne and not the full.  After about 20mins of long-winded explanations, it dawned on me that he's too worried the Cap'n would beat him if he ran the full..

Please to have got it done.  Epsom bath salts and a couple of magnesium tablets should sort out the soreness.

30km in 4:25's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tom, I forgot to give you the link to Shoe Link. I've recently done an order of Sauconys.

I think you run in fastwitch (or something similar?).

https://www.theshoelink.com.au/collections/mens-sneakers-sports-shoes/products/saucony-road-running-fastwitch-blue-orange-citron

Superflake said...

So 30k at 4:25's with a cold still seems fit. Especially having to go over the hill to Curl Curl on the way back.