Friday, September 09, 2016

Friday the new Thursday

Had the day off work today to go clothes shopping with Kirst for my birthday tomorrow.  I think it was more a treat for her than me.  But it meant I could rest yesterday which was important as I was very sore and tired.  Today was much better:

AM:  6km easy along the beach bumping into Mrs Cap'n.

PM:  2km warm up then continuous 10km - 3km hard, 500m jog, 3km Fartlek (7 x 300m with 150m float), 500m jog then 3km hard.  First 3km hard in 10:09, hard to tell Fartlek 3km pace due to the 500m jog but it was roughly the same, then final 3km hard in 9:56.  All around the paths of Nolans and Passmore dodging the Friday night touch footy teams (including Mags and Charlie).

Pushed it, felt OK, all up 10k in 34:31 which is solid. I just run different in my flats.

2km warm down for 14km, 20km for the day and 120km for the week including some solid sessions.  Tough week.

No comments: