Thursday, September 15, 2016

Interesting day

AM:  6.5km with 3 loops of Nolans and Passmore on the grass.  Did it because my achilles was still sore.  Not sure why I haven't been doing it before as, after the first lap (watching some young chick pone me) I felt great.

Lunch:  Most disappointing HuRTS turnout in a long time. Only about 10 people today.  If others continue to organise their own sessions to suit themselves - and encourage others within the squad to join them- then the HuRT Squad will disintegrate.

Did a shortened version of the Timmy Hills and Tempo set with 12mins of hills and a 3km tempo being just one loop of Mrs Macs.  Fats and Mikey L were pushing the hills with me barely hanging on before putting in a late effort.  This was token given Fats was doing the full 20mins.  Then into the tempo where I gave it a shot with Mikey L before struggling on the hills before Darren Moyle and Tongey brought me home in 9:36 (3:20's).  Followed by a 4.5km cool down solo.  

The squad is 10 years old this month but needs a lease of life.  My recent turnout has not assisted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you gone back and paid for your lunch on Wednesday yet? You can't leave your audience hanging on to these open story threads.
TOB

Superflake said...

Was that "The Chairman has spoken line?"
And I'm waiting to see if the sheriff will come up to repossess your running shoes to pay for your sandwich?

Unknown said...

Yes, put a much-relieved Delisse back in funds yesterday arvo. But as their most loyal customer it was never in doubt.