Tuesday, September 09, 2014

HuRTS Hour Tempo

So Barts is upping the ante.  He sends around an email (and sensibly has it ok'd by CEO Mikey) to have some people buy into an hour tempo instead of 45mins.  Well, when I say some people, I mean me and Barts as we were the only ones who finished it.

Another good turnout, especially at the top end, with Wildman, CT, Muz, Fats, Crossy and Clarkey all there.  Even Enda showed up, but not sure what he did.  Pace felt solid enough on the way out.  CT had a 'comfort stop' around Barangaroo which had the rest of us running circles for 5 mins and Crossy and Muz had had enough to head back.  So Wildman, CT, Barts and I headed back together.  Somewhere along the line Stevie called it a day and then CT decided not to do the extra 3km loop around MMC, recovering still from his. 50 exploits.

To be honest Barts was pushing the pace for a lot of today and looked very strong. Plainly he was bludging at North Head on Saturday.  I pushed ahead a little after turning at Mrs Macs Chair but was rooted at the end.  All up 60:25.  Last lap of MMC about 10:13 so kept the pace solid.  Legs haven't felt this depleted after a session in a long time.

Told the boys I can't do Melbourne Marathon because of a conference I have to go to in Phuket.  Barts then announced he's only running the Half.  We're going to have to reassess the Highnam/Truscott/Bartlett Super Series.  CT seems to think he's still in the lead.  I told him I wanted an independent auditor appointed.

Fog on the Tyne:


2 comments:

Enda said...

Thanks for your concern Tom, yes I am back despite fears I might never make it through my recent sickness. How the 'mighty' have fallen today I was exiled to the back of the packers of HURTs struggling around in 4:50 pace. A comeback from here would surely go down as one of the greatest in HURTS history...

Charlie said...

I didn't see you back there Enda. Back of the pack was a fat old guy and a pregnant woman.
Bummer about Melbourne Tom.