Thursday, May 29, 2014

HuRTS 8 x 800m

So I took yesterday off from being too tired on Tuesday and also had a massage - my first in 6 months.  Also did some stretching last night. Woke up this morning feeling like a million dollars.  

Over to Rushcutters to meet a good crowd including Timmy, Tucks, Barts, Andy, Ray, CT, Enda, Crossy, MC, LJ, Renee and plenty of others.  Haven't done this set in a while and it's tough.  1:30 rest in between.  First group was me, CT, Barts, Dom, Timmy and Rich Mullaney.  Went straight to the front feeling great.  Ran about 2:21.  Same on rep 2, rep 3 Adrian joins us and runs in front of me the whole way - 2:19.  I pay on rep 4 running 2:24 and they stayed that way until the last rep which CT made an effort on running 2:19 to my 2:20.

The Garmins said 800m, I've got my doubts but there was some wind on the home straight so it was a rock solid session and confidence booster nonetheless.

Extra jog with Barts and CT to Darling Point and back before heading home for 14km all up.

No comments: