Thursday, January 24, 2013

HuRTS 8 x 800m

Not sure what was going on today. I'm usually the world's most boring runner. Pretty much know what pace I'm going to be going at and tend to be very consistent and not vary the pace much. Well, that wasn't the case today. Felt fantastic on the first three reps and breezed through them running with Vlad or just in front - Barts saying I was looking very bouncy. Then on the 4th my legs felt dead, Barts and Vlad were 4s in front and I couldn't do anything about it. Was ready to pull out but told myself to HTFU and make sure none on the next 4 were any slower than that one. Toiled away after that and achieved the aim but it wasn't pretty and felt nothing like I did on the first 3. Times were:

2:25, 2:24, 2:26, 2:29, 2:28, 2:27, 2:28, 2:22

Not sure why I bonked on rep 4. Maybe it was doing squats with weights yesterday. Maybe it was the Tiger's needles. Maybe I got carried away running with Vlad the Superstar on the first 3 reps.

Not a bad session in the end. The most positive thing is that I'm hoping that when I ease off the heavy training load sessions like this will feel like the first 3 reps but all the way through.

Good crowd out today on a warm one. Rests were 90s off MC's time. Rare showing by Enda who's very presence seemed to mess with Young Timmy's head. Great to watch MrAce and Elvis going eyeball to eyeball on the final rep.

No comments: