Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Post 1500

Today was the HuRTS 2 x 20mins session off a 3 min break. Usual good Tuesday crowd with Barts, a resurgent Tucks, Fats (everyone seems to end with an "s" these days), Dicky H and TB running well upfront. On the way out Bart's and Tucks were ahead but I made an effort around he Park Hyatt to bridge the gap. 5.88km in the 20mins (3:24's). I gave myself 50m start on Tucks and Barts on the way back knowing I'd pushed it on the way out. Judged it just right (despite the boys overtaking me early on) to finish in 19:58 (3:25's).

People are hitting some good form. I reckon Fats will go very well in the Mt Solitary run and TB has a good shot of breaking Kansers PB in the C2S. Meanwhile, MC goes from strength to strength despite inventing sessions on the hoof.

Post script: Alaoui got busted for drugs overnight, as I'd suggested might happen on 13th July. So long as they ping Cakir too, I'm predicting my original choice of Aregawi will take Gold.

No comments: