Monday, July 16, 2012

A bet was laid

Got home on Friday just in time to run to the bathroom and shout at the toilet 5 times in a row. Spent the next 24 hours either in bed feeling sorry for myself or being miserable to the rest of the family. I'm not pleasant to be around when under the weather. Needless to say I missed the Short Course XC but the boys did the job in my absence.

Felt better today so ventured out with the usual Monday crowd. I was feeling pretty average though after a couple of km and was planning on cutting short at 11km but by this time Rozza had joined us and was telling some interesting stories so I stayed on for the full 16km. He still claims not to be interested in running C2S despite donning the trainers again so I put $100 on the table and told him it was his if he could beat my man Bartles.

Rozza smiled and shook his head but I reckon he's considering it. Meanwhile, Barts emailed this arvo planning a monster run on Sunday to put some steel in his legs.

Oh, and I'm going dry for the rest of July and have cut out coffee. Had 4 cups of peppermint tea today. Life is dull.

Mens Field Events:

Shot Put: Reese Hoffa
Discus: NFI
Hammer: NFI
Javelin: Vesely
Pole Vault: Otto
High Jump: Robbie Grabarz
Long Jump: Mitchell Watt
Triple Jump: Christian Taylor
Decathlon: Ashton Eaton

I think I missed the Mens Steeple the other day. I'll go with my man Kemboi, the dancing wannabe murderer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Is there any reason for giving up (my close friends) alcohol and coffee? Are you just trying to see how much joy you can remove from your life?