Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Hickson Road

We had roadwork going on along Hickson Road so MC made the long overdue decision to switch the session to Barangaroo. You always pick up the wind along Barangaroo but it wasn't too bad today, slightly behind on the odd reps and against on the evens. We decided to measure a 1.2km on the Garmins (slightly longer than the traditional route) and funnily enough we all reached the same spot. I was in the front on the first but then Richie H told me to calm down and remember I'd run a marathon only 11 days ago. So I eased a bit but not too much, feeling pretty comfortable. Rep times were:

3:44
3:50
3:52
3:51
3:46

All between 3:05 - 3:10 per km. I reckon it's about 6-7 seconds slower than the usual Hickson Road route (on the way out). J-Fen, Julien and Aparna's boyfriend were upfront going well (Julien monstering us on the final rep) with Dom also running really well.

Not feeling great this arvo but I've been abusing my body with beer and the Tour de France. Stayed up to watch all of last night's stage. As Sammy said this morning, it finally looks as though cycling could be clean, when the sprint finish is won by someone looking as though they are cycling through treacle.

Finally, been thinking about the Olympics a lot (I travel 3 weeks today) and have decided on my Gold Medallists (Mens track today):

100m: Blake
200m: Bolt
400m: Santos
800m: Rudisha
1500m: Kiprop
5000m: Gebremeskel
10000m: Farah
110m H: Liu Xiang
400m H: Greene
Marathon: Kipsang

1 comment:

Easy Tiger said...

bolt, bolt, merritt, rudisha, kiprop, lagat, k bekele, kipsang...and everyone of em to be stripped of their gold medals in the future