Thursday, July 19, 2012

Makka Pakka

Out to Rushcutters for the thrill ride that is 10 x 400m off a rolling 2 mins. They'd fenced off a bit of the oval for ground maintenance but had conveniently marked out a running track so Timmy improvised and created a 400m route largely involving the outside lane of the newly marked out track. MC insisted it was 2s too long, I reckoned 1s max. The Garmins said 430m but they always measure long when going in circles.

Small but select crew with Bartles, Tucks and Darien up front, Timmy just behind (to be fair to him, he runs this session very well), MC following with Pete W, TB (taking it easy), Louis and others and Aparna the only girl but looking good for my JPMorgan team.

I was worried about my sore hammies so wanted to take it easyish. I started to feel more confident about them after 5 so picked up the pace. This tactic seemed to coincide with the way J-Fen runs the session so we ended up pretty much running them all together.

Reps went:

74, 74, 74, 74, 73, 73, 72, 72, 69, 67

Really enjoyed it.

I've ditched the no coffee, no beer diet. Bloody stupid idea, I was getting depressed on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you've ditched the diet. Most ridiculous, pathetic, self-involved, pussy idea you've ever had. I was going to have to stop posting in case you got 'in touch your feelings'.

Name an adult who doesn't drink coffee or beer that you'd want to go to the footy with. The only true test of character.

TOB