Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HuRTS 4 x 3km

Look at June 24th 2008 and July 22nd 2008. How on earth did we manage to run those times for this session? OK, it was a lot cooler and we had a big group upfront, but that's a mammoth difference. Today, 10 minutes was reached about 15 seconds short, then 9:47 from the Stone Gates back to the Opera House Gates, then reached 5 seconds short, then 9:36 for the final rep. It was me, Charlie and Tucks up front with Dicky H just behind and a number of others missing. Bit worried about the weekend given the huge gap in training times. However, console myself with the fact that on July 24th 2008 I ran a hard tempo run home which was a pb at the time and which was almost 2 minutes slower than I ran last month. Perhaps I don't push the HuRTS reps as hard these days - I certainly don't feel as though I want to spew with stomach cramps which was quite frequent last year. Perhaps I'm just tired from the weekend. Did feel pretty heavy legged today and lacking all bounce. The first rep in particular was a real struggle. I'll take it easy for the rest of the week.

Tucks is getting right back. He was with Charlie and I all the way on the first two reps and only fell off slightly on reps 3 and 4. Charlie was flying on the final rep. John Binfield is also getting very strong.

No comments: