Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HuRTS 45mins Fartlek

Huge turnout today for one of the toughest sessions we do, not sure why it's so popular. I reckon it's one of my best though, always seem to do well on it. Wore my Adizeros and felt great in them. I was intending to take it easy today but just settled into a comfortable rythmn from the word go. Steve disappeared off into the distance (with Ray chasing him!) leaving Fast Charlie (didn't catch Less Fast Charlie today), Muz, Durante, the Chairman and I in a group behind. Turned at exactly the same spot as last time (just opposite the renovated old building on Hickson Rd) still feeling good. Fatigue started to creep in approaching the Opera House. Went through 10km in about 33:50 when the group I was running with started to drop. Steve caught me on the hill by the ABC Pool and tried to stick with him for as long as possible before he accelerated away by the Art Gallery. Finished 13 seconds short of the start line.

Great session.

No comments: