Thursday, November 20, 2008

HuRTS 10 x 400m

Strange weather at the moment - chucked down with rain last night, has been very cold but then for our session today the skies cleared and it was very warm. Then started raining on the way home. Anyway, that's a very English start to the post.

Nice session today. Told myself I wouldn't kill it but once the boys start running you can't help but push yourself. Stevie was leading us out in 64s, followed by KMK and me with Kanser just behind. Big crowd from Macquarie (they like the 400s, must be something about the testosterone) but also included Ray back with us for the first time in ages, Aus, Kaley, Marty and others. Set off every 2 minutes. Reps went as follows:

68, 68, 68, 68, 68, 68, 69, 70, 71, 68.

So, a bit mentally weak towards the end when KMK backed off saving himself for his usual onslaught on the last rep. But felt good today. The grass had just been mown and the ground was perfect. No pain in the heel. Would like to maintain these 400s until State 5km on Jan 22nd as I'm sure they're doing me the world of good.

Executive Health Check this afternoon. Will be interesting to compare my weight to last year and to see whether I can push down my adjusted age....

Well, I've put on 0.5kg (64.7 compared to 64.2 last year) but have lost a year (effective age of 29 compared to 30 last year). Resting pulse of 47 (not bad after 400s at lunchtime) and blood pressure of 110/64 (compared to 118/80 last year). The Doctor pissed me off by going on about my diet so celebrated with a Maccas on the way back to the office.

No comments: