Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday long

Out early doors with Barts, Scott and Robin V for the usual route but with Barts keen on a fast finish. In fact, he was keen on a quickish start too.  I wasn't.  But just put my head down and ran.  Tired after yesterday's race.  When the boys picked up the pace I was hanging on. Did so for 4km then fell off at Dee Why and jogged home.

Bit of a GPS fail in not restarting my watch after a stop but I think it was 29km in 4:21's.

Mags and Charlie in Parkrun this morning.  New PB for Mags, good news before her Regional XC in Gosford on Friday:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom - what sort of GPS do you use / recommend? Thought the new ones are auto-start?
Looking for a new one to replace an old Timex... and hope that a heavy user such as yourself would have a recommendation?
Thanks.

Unknown said...

I'm not an expert by I use the Garmin Forerunner 25. Basic, but lightweight and as a result the strap doesn't break, unlike all my previous Garmins and Suuntos.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, Tom... hadn't been thinking of this model - and yet it has everything needed. (Also have heard others complain in the past that the wrist strap breaks on the bigger models).
Much appreciated - might have saved me a couple of hundred dollars!!
Rgds