Thursday, May 07, 2015

HuRTS 800's

Arrived at Rushcutters a bit late after another Birchy conversation moment and missed the first 2 reps.  Enda warned me the grass was long and hard going but I ignored him on the basis of usual Enda excuses.

But he was right.  Just felt as though you needed to lift your legs more than normal today.

Some new bloke called Colin (Hunt?) was leading when I arrived but tucked in behind me after I joined.  Coach said pick up the pace in the later reps.  I went:

2:25, 2:26, 2:26, 2:25, 2:26, 2:20, 2:24, 2:22.

Took my shoes off and ran barefoot after rep 4 but no discernible difference this time.  I think the difference comes when previously wearing orthotics.

Rest was about 1:40.  Only 2km there and 3km back for 11km all up.

Had promised to join in the Outrun Cancer charity treadmill challenge at 5pm so did my 30mins feeling pretty tired after 
lunchtime.  Managed 9.36km after slowing the pace after 15mins feeling it was too much.  Something dodgy about the pace guide on that treadmill though.  Makes us all look like superstars.  Couple of beers at MPB with LJ, Birchy, Charlie, Erika and Darren afterwards made it all worthwhile though.

No comments: