Monday, November 25, 2013

Triathlon training begins

Saw DCRun this morning who filmed my running and showed me where my form had flaws. Basically need to work on my glute medius and more core. Then did a session with him, the hardest of which was making my thighs go lactic on a bike before using my glutes to walk up steps carrying dumb bells. Bloody hell. My heart rate hasn't got that high in years and I jogged home with the wobbly legs of a drunkard.

Then tonight went back to swim squad where Ruth put us through 75 minutes of hell in h2o. Worse bit was 2 x 100m with a band around my ankles. Holy crap. I tried to signal the pool boy after 30m but I think he assumed we were all proficient. Ended up doing about 2.5km of different stuff all up so it must be doing me good.

Took the bike in for a service and hope to get out with sammy and the boys on Thursday morning.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Stay on top of the gluteus Medius Tom. A sign you are getting old:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - good to hear you are in the pool cracking out a few ks. Timmy wants to know what sort of times you are doing for your sets in the pool, and when you are going to join us this Friday at ABC? Regards, Hurts Swim Squad.