Saturday, November 23, 2013

Curl Curl Parkrun - 2nd in 16:40

Manic day today so had to squeeze the Parkrun in.  Got out the car to see who but Macca!  Did a warmup with him and he pointed out Jake Stollery - the chap who beat my course record by 5s a few weeks back.  So we finally meet each other when I'm feeling fat and lazy.

Jake went off quick with me 10m behind.  Hurdled a tree at 300m brought down in the recent storms.  Jake pulls ahead a bit.  3:10 and 3:16 for first 2kms.  He slows at 3km allowing me to catch up.  We then run together to the end with him chatting away, encouraging me and  looking like he's on a stroll.  Managed to hurdle the tree again on the run in.

No warm down as I had to rush back so 9km all up.

Might try Steeplechase next year:





1 comment:

David said...

Classical technique!