Sunday, November 03, 2013

Painful long one - the North Head/Balgowlah Growler

Kirst baggsied the morning slot so I set off at 3pm in 30C heat feeling very sorry for myself and doubting if I'd last 15km.  Suddenly at 6km before I hit Queenscliff the wind changed and a Southerly Buster came through.  It was head down into the wind all down the seafront then up to North Head.  Had a pit stop with a dodgy tummy at South Steyne and felt it from then onwards.  Then my knees then started to feel sore then my achilles started to hurt.

Dunno why I battled on but I did and ended in 2:03:46, which isn't that bad a time.  Feel crap now.  This stomach bug is lingering.  Couldn't even manage 2nd helpings of the strawberry flan this evening.

1 comment:

Charlie said...

interesting title. where i come from a growler is something else entirely.