Wednesday, November 06, 2013

2km TT Narrabeen

It's becoming a bit of a ritual to do this 2km TT a week or so before JPMorgan or a 5000m race. Perfect sharpener and one of the Tiger's suggested sessions. Unfortunately, today I was running solo. Was dreading the session all day as it hurts. Also, there was a fair bit of wind today and the SAS track is very exposed. Drove up to Narrabeen to find the Sydney Pacific chaps posturing before attempting a 500m TT. Did a warm-up, watched them do their stuff then jumped straight into it. Laps went:

67, 2:19, 3:31, 4:43, 5:54.0.

Would have liked to have been 0.1s quicker but pretty happy with that running solo and in the windy conditions. I was gearing up for a final big lap to bring in a 5:51 but hit the wind with 150m to go and the legs buckled. 2.8s slower than the equivalent TT last year but the Tiger took the wind for me that day so I think I'm in similar form.

5.5km warmdown for 11km all up.

No comments: