Saturday, November 16, 2013

Curl Curl Parkrun - 1st in 16:54

Had a large number of beers, cider and rum last night over curry with Dicky, Macca, LF Charlie, Justin, Tim, Paul, Jamie and Ben.  Last thing I wanted to do was run this morning but Tiger had organised a session and knew this was my only chance of getting out so hauled my ass out of bed at 6am.  Session changed to Parkrun.  Jamie was also fronting so I had no excuses.  Fair crowd, numbers down on last week.  Good to see Eamo there too.

Uncomfortable run sweating out the booze.  Did enough to dip under 17mins.  Jamie was 15s back having run with him until 3km.  10mins rest then 10 x 1min with the Tiger, Jamie and Amy Stafford.  Big thunderstorms last night so the grass was very damp.  Made me work my glutes so much so that I faded badly on the last rep.  Felt like this is what I need to be doing though.


No comments: